A feat represents a special talent or set of abilities that a character can possess. It embodies training, experience, and abilities beyond what a class provides.
Feats can be earned during gameplay, purchased through factions, granted by backgrounds, or obtained during the levelling process.
Earned during gameplay
Feats may be earned through certain accomplishments - such as a reward for service or granted by a wondrous item. This method is the most common way the DM will hand out a feat.
Purchased through factions
Certain factions in Mystara offer access to the necessary training to gain a feat. Such feats are purchased through the expenditure of gold and downtime. This method often requires the character to "unlock" access to the feat through earning enough Reputation.
Granted by Background
Many feats can be gained through choosing the appropriate background during character creation.
Obtained on Levelling
Whenever you are eligible for an Ability Score Improvement, you may opt to choose a feat instead.
You must meet any prerequisites a feat requires. If you lose a prerequisite, you may not benefit from the feat until the prerequisite is restored.
- Adept of Death. Skilled with necrotic damage.
- Adept of Entropy. Skilled with entropy magic.
- Adept of Fire. Skilled with fire magic.
- Adept of Ice. Skilled with the cold magic.
- Adept of Light. Skilled with radiant damage.
- Adept of Lightning. Skilled with the lightning magic.
- Adept of Thunder. Skilled with the thunder magic.
- Alert. Always on the lookout for danger.
- Animal Companion. You have a loyal animal friend.
- Athlete. You have extensive physical training.
- Actor. Skilled at mimicry and drama, you drama-llama.
- Charger. Skilled at charging attacks.
- Crossbow Expert. Skilled with the crossbow.
- Defensive Duelist. Skilled with the parry.
- Dual Wielder. Not as hot as the dual welder.
- Dungeon Delver. Experienced in the great below.
- Durable. Hardy and resilient.
- Grappler. Bonuses when grappling targets.
- Great Weapon Master. You hit hard and use big weapons.
- Healer. Bonuses to healing the injured.
- Heavy Armor Master. You have mastered heavy armor.
- Inspiring Leader. You can boost morale of your comrades.
- Keen Mind. You can track time, direction, and detail.
- Linguist. You are skilled with languages.
- Lucky. Do I really need to explain this?
- Mage Slayer. Gandalf, beware.
- Magic Initiate. You gain spells from one class.
- Martial Adept. You have some martial training.
- Medium Armor Master. Gain bonuses when wearing medium armor.
- Mobile. +10 movement speed
- Mounted Combat. You are dangerous when mounted.
- Observant. You are quick to notice details.
- Polearm Master. You are especially skilled with polearms.
- Resilient. You gain proficiency in a new saving throw.
- Ritual Caster. You can cast from ritual books.
- Savage Attacker. You can reroll damage from a melee attack once per turn.
- Sentinel. You take advantage when an enemy drops its guard.
- Sharpshooter. You are a master of ranged weapons.
- Shield Master. You are a master of the shield.
- Skulker. You are a master of stealth.
- Spell Sniper. You are an expert at casting spells from belltowers.
- Tavern Brawler. Conan smash.
- Tough. You gain bonus hit points.
- Warcaster. You are skilled at casting spells in combat.
Feats listed in the PHB that are not listed here are NOT available in the Mystara Campaign.